For many small businesses, teaming with other contractors is a critical part of entry into and long-term success in the federal marketplace. Such teaming can allow small businesses access to large contracts which they otherwise might not able to pursue. However, small businesses must be mindful of and avoid pitfalls that could jeopardize their status as a government contractor. Please join Shannon and Daphne for a workshop on Teaming Arrangements - this workshop will provide an overview of teaming arrangements available to contractors, including tips, best practices, and issues to be mindful of when teaming. In addition, this workshop will cover issues that arise in the teaming context, such as size and affiliation.
- Overview of teaming arrangements (prime/subcontractor, joint venture, mentor-protege)
- Advantages and disadvantages of teaming
- Teaming agreements and subcontracts
- Applicable limits on subcontracting
- Affiliation considerations
- Joint ventures and related considerations
- Mentor-protege program
- SBA perspective
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Time: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Location: Airport Interisland Terminal Conference Center, Iliahi Room (Top level/7th floor of interisland parking structure)
- Cost: $15
- Parking: $3.50 with validation (must be paid for in cash upon exiting the airport)
- Coffee and continental breakfast provided